Originally submitted at Sun Microsystems
StarOffice 8 is a full-featured office productivity suite with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, drawing and database access. StarOffice 8 has open, fully specified native XML file formats and offers best of breed ability to open, edit, and save Microsoft Office file formats.
Cool Office Suite So Far
Pros: High Performance, Good Value
Cons: Poor Features, Less Graphical
Best Uses: Personal Use, Data Storage
Describe Yourself: Home User, Value Oriented
I obtainted StarOffice from Google Pack and I went eagerly downloaded to my computer. I clicked to the Writer and as far as I find out, its the same as OpenOffice Writer surface. I was curious enough to find out that the StarOffice is based on OpenOffice, expect StarOffice provides with more foreign languages support, which is great for me. There are more pics and other features like templates. Its great to know that I have an offline office platform to use along with an online one. Although almost as space hog as MS Office, I find StarOffice interface running on less resources than MS Office.
(legalese)
No comments:
Post a Comment