Followers

Friday, June 08, 2007

Issues on Global Warming: Summary

Part II of Guest Article-
Dreams of Immediate Solutions for Combat Global Warming= Priceless: I am not going to be that pessimistic for the rest of my living days. I would like to let readers here into a few things in here. One- the environment does not have immediate and quick solutions that can be one size fits all. I was rather very disappointed about the IPCC report on the aspect on the encouragement on technologies that are not yet fully developed in developed countries like wind, solar, and other types of energy etc. Also nuclear energy development can be particularly uncertain and its safety records are unclear for years. Why would I say this? There isn't a clear answer to these technologies. You need lots of sun, wind etc to be effective. As some of the reports said, the poor in developing and developed nations will be left behind without the proper kind of affordable education, jobs and assistance/independence for their way to contribute to the fight of global warming. There will be no way to fight the global warming without the proper free or affordable education all over the world that will make common sense.
Second: Time- a great deal of scientists claimed that we do not have sufficient time to combat global warming. There are just no immediate results for us to see. The nature would not show these results to us years after or a bit after the work are done. Still I would encourage to get the work done for the health of yourself and your future generation, if you do not even think about the environment. In the short term, you probably will get less colds, allergies and breath easier.

Notes: G8 said they tabled a global warming deal that will be subjected to more discussion in the UN at a later time.
For more: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6732787.stm

No comments:

ShareThis

Congoo by Indigo

from Congoo by Indigo