When I read Prince Harry's deployment at the Afghanistan, until I read the details of the tidbits, the reason of the uproar of his deployment's leak, I became very disappointed with what we call ourselves alternative Internet media.
Now lets look at another media fine print: Patrick Swayze's Cancer. From the headlines of National Enquirer: "Patrick Swayze: FIVE WEEKS TO LIVE." When you read at the beginning, any or some reader would be in awe for a moment. I have to search into it deeper when it appeared in AOL and various big entertainment websites for verification. Good thing: his publicist released a statement to ease our fears.
From these following incidents and not limiting to these, perhaps we should be more of our curiosity and healthy skepticism towards our information that we get and receive? Shall we as citizens of the world, be quick to anger when it comes to people's right to privacy: ie: Prince Harry or celebrities or politicians? Meanwhile, we would go ahead and discuss how our privacy have been increasingly breached by 24 hours news cycle, companies and various agencies.
Now you do see, can we have best of both worlds? I asked all...
Archives
About Me
Followers
ShareThis
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(189)
-
▼
March
(12)
- Video and Photo Log Story
- Olympics Torch 2008
- Oh, these Pictures Really Worth...
- NCAA Basketball March Madness
- Do Not Take the Following too Seriously Cuz...
- Web Has An Unexpected Effect
- Really Neat Videos
- The Blog Readability Test: Site
- Laptop Art
- Responsible Reporting or Quick Buck
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial ...
- UN Secretary-General's Campaign to End Violence Ag...
-
▼
March
(12)
No comments:
Post a Comment