Followers

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Features- Oh Canada- and Hong Kong 10 Years

Feature-
Canada Day
If any of you do not know, its Canada Day today. Of course, it means a bit more to me for the last number of years. Here are some links I find of interest.
Whats Canada Day
http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/jfa-ha/canada_e.cfm
Hey Maple Leafs(on Canada's flag)- not the Toronto Maple Leafs
http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/sc-cs/o3_e.cfm
Beaver-
http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/sc-cs/o1_e.cfm
mmm food- Canada's regional foods
http://www.cbc.ca/news/interactives/map-canada-regional-cuisine/
Quiz my Canadian Knowledge- do I even remember all the capitals and provinces/territories?
http://www.cbc.ca/cgi-bin/quiz/quiz.cgi?quiz=quiz070701
7 Wonders of Canada entries
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-XkmswskydqNgJZHeOSw

Hong Kong- 10 Years Later
The handover from Britain to China was 10 years ago- (June 30, 1997- handover, July 1, 1997- China)and anniversary parties are throughout the weekend. The following is a news article, but provided lots of links of videos and pictures ofHong Kong in various perspectives from BBC.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6257956.stm
Another side of Growth- pollution
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/07/01/1966800.htm?section=world
US Perspective- NBC coverage about Hong Kong
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19438724/
CRIENGLISH- Special about Hong Kong
http://english.cri.cn/3126/2007/06/09/Zt1042@236515.htm
Note- Hong Kong
Hong Kong was where I got started my life. It remains very unique and very diverse in different ways that many people do not know. Even before the handover of Hong Kong, the diverse populations always exist, now these people come from China instead of South Asia or Britain. People are good hosts and entertainers. They know how to eat and dine besides shopping. This is what I always will remember of Hong Kong.

No comments:

ShareThis

Congoo by Indigo

from Congoo by Indigo