Followers

Monday, October 15, 2007

Topics on Climate Change

If any of you don't know today is blogaction day.  Various topics were discussed about.  Here I am going to discuss briefly about an article that was mentioned in Foreign Policy: Why Climate Change Can't Be Stopped?  Before I head on to this topic, I would like to highlight on what I also blogged about.  I spoke about entertainment and technology and how it affects the environment.  Water and environment changes.  Recommendation of environmental books. 
Now going back to why I brought up this article that was mentioned in the Foreign Policy.  It fits well with what I am about to say.  I have been noticing for fact that for enable to change or to slow down the effects of global warming, we need the money and the efficiently to do what we can to promote the change to the environment.  We cannot afford to sugarcoated the datas and speak about unrealistic expensive goals like solar panels as our energy source.  We cannot set goals that can do damage to our economy and our poor.  We cannot set goals that no one have common understanding to.  We need to link the health effects of everyday, in which people can link to environment pollutants.  The government needs to set laws and regulations that can be fit to their own economy and environment with the cooperation with the international organizations environmental groups.  We need to set goals that gives incentive for the poor to be environmentally friendly like giving back more money for purchasing environmentally friendly products.  We need to provide peer educational materials and training for environmental awareness.  We cannot leave the poor behind as the environment and the health of poor, elderly and young are more vulnerable due to pollutants.  We believe in reviewing our ways of consuming our products and foods.  Its not necessary of not flying too far away to a distant continent for a business trip or a cultural exchange, but its our possibility of bad habits that are hard to change.   These are the only very simple points that I made and are not necessary critical to the environmental groups and issues. 

No comments:

ShareThis

Congoo by Indigo

from Congoo by Indigo