
This is a rather personal entry about a computer called Gateway Red and I. I brought this a few weeks ago because the old grey Acer has a noisy fan. It needs a new fan. OH, it really has its hey day and when I went to the store and brought this red machinery, its heavy and so red. I am not a keener of a red machinery, but oh well, thats the only choice I have. I picked it up and assembled(oh you know what you need to do, make sure every piece of junkware gets off your machinery). Okay, now you must be sick of me telling you about my process. Here is the specifics to this red Gateway:
Processor AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (2.0GHz, 512KBx2 L2 Cache, HyperTransport™ technology at up to 1600MHz)
Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (32-bit) SP1
Memory 2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2-1024MB modules)
Hard Drive 250GB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive w/ 8MB cache
How does it fare, you may wonder? Its fine, expect a few things:
lets see: software install: limited(Windows Vista)=Yikes
Buttons on the top: good but at times do what they are suppose to.
Windows Vista=hard to navigate
Battery/plug-in management=great for me! Environmentally better!
Good- UAE- its good to have it pop up because you might regret your choices later or you might done something oops.
There were a few software I attempted to install.
1. BitDefender anti-virus
2. some Trendmicro software
3. Ubuntu recent install- caution
4. some small company softwares
5. I wonder are there any better sound cards for Vista because its just awful!

No comments:
Post a Comment